ADMI1007 – Certificate in Medical Reception and Terminology
Understand medical terminology and become a Certified Medical Receptionist!
Developed by health experts, this course will teach you to use Microsoft Office to manage the day-to-day running of a medical practice. You’ll also develop the skills needed to communicate clearly and effectively in a medical environment. No previous medical training or experience necessary.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Gain a certificate and become a certified medical receptionist
- Work with an experienced tutor and other students to successfully complete your course
- Gain a practical understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Learn medical terminology and abbreviations
- Get a FREE 12-month membership to IAHA on completion.
- Includes a FREE bonus module on how to use Medtech and a 352 Medtech training guide
- Medtech provides software solutions for the healthcare environment enabling health professionals to efficiently manage their patients.
This course is designed for
- Anyone seeking a position as a receptionist in a medical facility
- Medical receptionists who want to become certified
- Anyone who wants to explore a career in nursing, medical records or transcription
What does a medical receptionist do?
Certified medical receptionists perform a wide variety of tasks, from booking or checking in patients to taking vital signs and preparing patients for examinations. With exposure to many different elements of patient care, certified medical receptionists can take their careers in many directions.
Get a FREE bonus module on how to use MedTech
Get a FREE 352-page MedTech Training Guide and access to the MedTech software.
ICOES the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
The Career Academy is proud to partner with the Irish Association of Health Care Assistants (IAHA). Get a FREE 12-month membership to IAHA on completion.
Investment: €499 or from only €25 per week with our interest free payment plan. Click here to enrol now
Assessment: 20 modules / 20 assignments
Duration: Approximately 200 hours, to be completed within six months. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months before you complete.
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Certification and accreditation: On successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement.
Medical Reception covers ten modules
- ADMG139 – Role of a Receptionist
- ADMG170 – Medical Reception Service Skills
- ADMG148 – Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
- ADMG171 – Maintain Patient Records
- ADMG154 – Effective Business Communication
- CITG127 – Introduction to Microsoft Word
- CITG138 – Using Microsoft Excel
- ADMI127 – Workplace Health and Safety
- ADMI115 – First Aid and Medical Emergencies
- ADMG107 – Customer Relationship Management
Medical Terminology covers ten modules
- ADMG141 – Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- ADMG101 – Anatomical Terms and Structures
- ADMG123 – Medical Equipment and Procedures
- ADMG131 – Pharmacological Terminology
- ADMG124 – Musculoskeletal System
- ADMG103 – Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- ADMG137 – Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- ADMG111 – Digestive and Excretory Systems
- ADMG119 – The Skin
- ADMG126 – Nervous and Sensory Systems
★★★★★ “The course has been very straightforward and I have loved the tutors that have marked my work as they give great remarks in not only on my ability but most importantly in areas that i can improve in.” – Natalia McFlinn
★★★★★ “The tutors have been very helpful, the introduction email and videos were very informative and it’s great that we can refer to them in the future of need be” – Jess Wilcox